Causes of pollution ornamental ponds
Decorative pond at dacha contaminated throughout the season. Causes of contamination of the pond may be:
- If the pond fish, excessive feeding of the inhabitants leads to, that feed remains in the water and starts to decompose, which leads to algal blooms and formation of various bacteria and germs.
- Standing water in the pond, not equipped with water pump, is exposed to active pollution algae, which lead to algal blooms.
- Pereizbytochen planting of ornamental plants in the pond also contributes to the reproduction of organic matter (different germs and bacteria).
- Exposure to sunlight entails algal blooms.
- If you don't exercise disinfection of water (chemical or aggressive substances) it also contributes to pollution ornamental pond.
As you can see, causes of pollution ornamental ponds quite a lot, and not all of them depend only on the human factor, therefore, it is necessary to carry out pond cleaning special filters.
Filtration systems for ponds: harmful or not?
Most gardeners are concerned, what filtration system to protect water bodies from pollution is subjected to inhabitants of the pond (fish and plants) danger. Because of this, gardeners prefer to wait, until the process of flowering independently of the water will end, and it threatens serious pollution of the pond, consequently you will have to completely replace the water and carry out a full disinfection of the pit.
We note that, modern filtration systems for ponds are completely safe and suitable for fish ponds, and for ordinary ornamental ponds!
Moreover, the filters are for ponds harmless, so they are still useful to the inhabitants of the waters, because. during their work saturate the water with oxygen, which is particularly useful for the vital functions of living organisms!
Types of filters for clean pond
There are several varieties of classifications of filters for clean pond. If we consider the filters according to the method of action, they can be so:
- Filters chemical treatment pond is used for cleaning the water from toxic impurities.
- Filters mechanical cleaning of the pond – allows you to clear water from a large garden and waste products of organisms of the pond.
- Filters ultraviolet purification pond used to fight bacteria and algae, living in the pond.
- Filters biological treatment pond is used to create a natural balance and restore equilibrium in the reservoir.
- The combined cleaning system of the pond include several types of filters, that allows to clear water from several types of pollutants simultaneously.
The filters for the pond can be divided into pressure and flow, depending on the volume of water in the reservoir. And the first, and the second cannot work without the water pump, and is able to simultaneously perform several types of clean pond, that makes them a combined cleaning system. Let us consider these filters.
Pressure filter has a more complex structure, rather than running, but at the same time allows you to raise the treated water a few meters up. This advantage is used when creating springs and waterfalls, when a closed loop distillation of water from the lower level to the upper level should be carried out pre-treatment of water.Pressure filters are used on small ponds. These units are capable of cleaning the pond of no more than 60 cubic meters.
Scheme of work pressure filter simple: polluted water enters the purification module, where mechanical and chemical cleaning. After that the water pump delivers the purified water to the top and so the cycle repeats again.
Flow filters are used in ponds larger volume. They are able to clear the pond volume to 300 cubic meters. As pressure filters, tankless units work as one system with the water pump.
The design flow of the filter more simple. Water gets into the compartment for filtration, is mechanical, even chemical and UV cleaning, then comes purified.
If you apply a flow filter for fish pond, his performance might go down a little.
It is necessary to pay due attention to the skimmers and UV lamps, that effectively clean the pond.
Ultraviolet lamps can be sold separately, and mounted in a combined filter. They allow anti-bacteria, but with different microalgae. The price of UV lamp is relatively low, so if there is a need, do not take the money to buy them. Individual UV lamp is easy to mount on the waterfront and also easy to clean in bad weather.
As for the skimmers, they are used for cleaning the pond from the large garden debris – branches and leaves. Skimmers float on the surface of the water, therefore, they can be easily combined with flow-through or pressure filter.
The cost of the filters to clean pond
We provide you the initial price on a variety of filters to clean pond. Please note that, the prices are not accurate, and the approximate, according to the online stores.
Filters have flow rates from 500 UAH and can surpass the mark 2000 UAH for the quality of the model.
Pressure filters are more expensive, their price starts from 1000 UAH, but the quality models have price around 2000 UAH.
There are also kits for water purification (filter system), which simultaneously include both mechanical and UV cleaning of the pond. Their value is approximately 3000 UAH.
Here, actually, and everything that I wanted to tell you about ways to clean water from contamination! In any case, do not "run" the cleaning of the pool, otherwise the cost of its restoration, as well as the complexity of the works themselves to teach you a lesson!