The fence: the advantage of this material for landscaping
In addition, that fence makes your garden plot rural flavor, this idea has the following advantages:
- Environmentally friendly material
- Cheap create (material costs for creating fences is not at all)
- Easy Assembly/disassembly design
- The fence is an original decor element
- To create fences, you can use branches, remaining after trimming of shrubs and trees
The disadvantage of this fence is the low durability, which can slightly improve, Stripping branches of bark and processing material protective antiseptic means.
In addition, the fence is used for arrangement of summer cottages, it is still successfully used by owners of restaurants, cafes and other places to stay people, giving the unique, unusual for city life decor.
Fence with their hands: helpful tips before creating
In order, what would the fence lasts as long as possible, and its installation would take less time, you must heed the advice of experts, we will now provide!
- The durability of the fences affected by the rate of decay of the branches, it is therefore necessary to implement measures for their protection. Cheapest antiseptic is the best motor oil, which it is possible to treat the surface of the branches, but then the fences will be impossible to touch, and its color will change to darker, it's not always good.
- Because, what would the fence lasts longer, you must create a drainage layer of gravel or sand (you can simultaneously use both). This breaks a half-meter trench, which is filled with a drainage layer and install the support pegs.
- Another way of protection of the support pegs to char their lower end, before you drive into the ground, or at least smear it with molten bitumen.
- In order, that would quickly set the pegs in the ground, needed in targeted areas to drive scrap (he will go down faster and make a suitable hole), then in the resulting hole insert the support pegs.
- Usually the fence create, using a simple ligation of the branches between the pegs, in this case, over time the lower band fences slides and touches the ground, as top climbs outside the fence. To prevent these processes, need upper and lower strips to tie the wire to the other bands fences, located on the middle level of the fence.
- Do not use for weaving fence of dry branches, because. they have low elasticity and is immediately broken by mechanical action. In order, it would be no problem to create a fence with their hands, you need the day before to soak the branches in water, what would they softened.
- What would the fence turned out beautiful and harmonious, need to pick up branches more or less similar length and diameter, otherwise, the fence would look ridiculous.
- Choosing the appropriate length for branches, consider the fact, what about 50 cm will go into the soil, and the rest of the line remains on the surface.
- Remember what our grandparents decorated the fence? As soon as you se it was presented, immediately appears in the imagination of the next growing sunflower, clay pots, upside down on the bars of the fences and climbing rose, growing near. Don't forget about the addition of decoration, and then your fence will be truly a slice of rural garden!
How to make a fence with their hands: be prepared and start working
In order, that would make a fence with their hands, you must first choose the branch for supporting the bars and rods for the main "body" of the fence.
Most suitable support posts to create fences with his hands are the branches of a willow, walnut, pine and other durable wood. In order, what would the fence was more stable you can also use rebar or metal rods, their advantage is high durability. The minimum diameter of the wooden columns must be 5 cm, the distance between supports is not more than half a meter (even better 30-40 cm), the depth of driving into the soil depends on the soil and ranges from 20 to 50 cm. The height of fences is selected strictly individually, but it is recommended to create a fence of not less than 70 cm in height.
For rods of the main cloth fences are used more subtle (1-2 cm in diameter). The length of the rods shall be not less than 50 cm, it is best to count the distance between the three bars + at 10 inches of overhang on each side. For rods it is recommended to use branches of willow and hazel, in rare cases, a reed, Deren, vine and straw.
If the bearing pegs are recommended to be cleared of bark, the horizontal bars you should leave such, they are. All wooden elements must handle protective antiseptic and can even lacquering or paint to taste.
The technique of weaving the fence with their hands
Once all the materials and elements of the fence will be prepared, go directly to the netting.
First, at the same distance from each other to drive the support posts. Then proceed to the creation of main canvas. Take the thickest of sticks and bandages between the three adjacent columns. The following strip beginning at the opposite end. It should be noted, the rods need to pick up from a thick to a thin (from the bottom up). Begin to weave the twig with a thick end, castle do fine. To the top repeat the same operation – woven-in rods in turn with different angles. The length of the rods need to coordinate between themselves through the creation of oblique sections (shears) junction junction.
Please note that, the ends of the bars cannot immediately cut, as soon as they wove between the posts. You must first create the fence completely, and then to adjust the appearance of the joints and locks using a garden knife and secateurs.
We have provided you the simplest technique of horizontal netting. You can also use vertical netting, which is not much more difficult. Beginning of the vertical weaving their hands is the same – trying to drive the supporting wooden stakes. Next to pegs fastened with wire top, in the middle and bottom horizontal wooden support in the form of branches with a diameter of 3-4 cm. Well, these woven-in horizontal support bars, according to the technology of horizontal netting, only pay attention to the following caveat: the thicker end of the rods should be on the bottom!
In this way, and create a fence with their hands. Video example will show you the procedure:
We urge you to read how to make the railings of the fence their hands!