The advantages and disadvantages of concrete blocks
Aerated concrete blocks are large (compared with the brick) blocks, composed of cement, quartz sand, gypsum, blowing , lime, water and special additives. As we have said, the mixture was poured in special molds and placed in the autoclave, where the process of solidification of the blocks.
The advantages of aerated concrete blocks are:
- The high heat capacity material
- Relatively low price
- The durability of the blocks
- The large size of blocks at a low weight, that makes installation and transport of the blocks less time consuming
- The blocks are environmentally friendly
- Thermal insulation of walls of concrete blocks can be minimal
- Aerated concrete blocks can be easily cut with a hacksaw
- Under the bath of aerated concrete blocks it is possible to make shallow strip Foundation
As for the disadvantages of gas-concrete blocks, they include:
- Bad geometry cheap blocks
- The low hydrophobicity of the material
On the basis of, what are the advantages and disadvantages of aerated concrete block, it should be noted, for the construction of the bath the material can be used, the main thing is to provide a thorough waterproofing of walls, roof, ceiling and Foundation in the bath.
Construction of the baths of aerated concrete
As we have said, the technology of building of the baths of aerated concrete are practically the same construction of the baths of foam blocks and lightweight aggregate concrete blocks, so with all phases of construction of the buildings see these articles.
For the nuances of the masonry of aerated concrete, in order, what would bath out of concrete blocks stood for a long time, we recommend the following requirements:
- The thickness of the walls according to the SNP must be at least 55 cm. This requirement can be neglected with good hydro- and thermal insulation of the bath from the inside, as well as the treatment of walls of hydrophobic impregnation on the outside, with the subsequent facing of the baths siding.
- For the construction of the baths of aerated concrete it is necessary to use blocks, a density of at least 0,5-0,9 tons/m3.
- As in the case of the foam block, aerated concrete block should be laid on a special adhesive mixture
- Aerated concrete block is recommended to be used in the construction of the building is above 3 storeys. Although the bath at the cottage erected a maximum of two floors, on this requirement, you need to know, you never know what project the bath you created.
More detail you can see the technology of building of the baths on the below given video tutorial!
Video lesson of the construction of the baths of aerated concrete blocks
We also recommend you to read the article: the construction of frame-panel bath with his hands!