Features of cultivation of bulbous plants.
Bulbous plants are the most popular representatives "green peace" on a country site. They are unpretentious, have bright color, not afraid of the cold winter and can form an interesting flower beds at the cottage.
Most often, the choice bulbous plants for garden stop on such representatives, as the hyacinths, tulips, gladiolus, crocuses, lilies and daffodils.
It should be noted, there are bulbous flowers, blooming in spring and summer. The first group of flowers should be planted in the ground in the spring, and the second with the arrival of autumn.
In the first year of life flower bulbs for the garden do not require special care, because. their bulbs contain all the necessary elements for growth and flowering.
One of the features of the cultivation of bulbous plants is, that the flowers love to grow, therefore, for aesthetic reasons, they need to seat.
An important feature when caring for flowers: it is forbidden to tear or trim the wilted leaves. The only way to cover up less attractive flowers to plant around them, ground cover plants.
Tips for growing bulbous plants
Before, how to go to planting bulbs, we recommend that You read not that the advice on their cultivation:
- Bulbous flowers germinate immediately after thawing snow drift, therefore, choose such places for planting, what would the ascending flowers immediately caught the eye.
- The soil for planting the plants must have good drainage, to eliminate excess moisture.
- These flowers, as the daffodils I love the shadow, so they can be placed around the trunk of the tree or in the shady garden. It should also be noted, these plants are low maintenance.
- Bulbous plants are very fragrant, plant them near gazebos, making a relaxing place to spend a relaxing relaxation.
- There 2 the method of planting bulbs: isolated and in groups. The second option gives fantasy, because. you can create small flower beds in bright islets.
- Use in your garden at the same time the daffodils and tulips. When the first Bud, the second will only start flowering, that will make a beautiful flower bed throughout the season.
Rules of planting bulbous plants
Planting bulbous plants is not difficult. All that is necessary is to dig a shallow trench, fill the bottom of a little fertilizer, sprinkle it with earth and plant the bulbs in place.
Please note that, that direct contact of the bulbs with fertilizer is highly undesirable, so be sure to petrusite a bit of land on the complex fertilizer.
As for depth of holes for planting bulbs, it should be 3 height of planting material. For example, if the height of the bulb is 4 cm, the depth of the hole should be 12 cm.
After, as all the bulbs will be planted, they need to fill with water. The main cause of bulbous flowers – poor irrigation.
To your attention a video lesson on planting bulbs:
Fertilizer bulbous plants
It is recommended to fertilize bulbous plants twice: before the arrival of spring and during budding.
The first time you need to use nitrogen fertiliser, which just crumble on top of the snow at the scene of flowerbeds. Can also be used as fertilizer ammonium nitrate and urea. Sufficient consumption of nitrate should be 15 gram 1 square meter.
During the second feeding you need to use a complete fertilizer with the expectation 15 gram 1 square meter.
Please note that, what to fertilize bulbous plants with manure is strictly prohibited, because. this fertilizer can promote the development of the fungus!
Watering bulbous plants
During watering the onion plants must comply with only one rule: the soil should get enough water 20-25 cm.
It is best to water in the evening or morning, that would not hurt the plants.
That's all, what you need to know about growing bulbous plants in the garden. We also recommend you to see the technology planting gladioli in their hands!