Upholstery fabric is considered an important component in the production of upholstered furniture. It must have excellent performance and meet quality standards. Choice ideal material – a task of the uneasy, since it is necessary to understand the main types, their characteristics and features.
To learn how to choose with ease upholstery fabrics for upholstered furniture https://www.mebelok.com/tkani/, specialists of the store FurnitureOk offer to learn more about the important aspects of the choice.
How choose fabric for furniture upholstery?
The most important criteria when choosing upholstered furniture are:
- comfort in use;
- long service life;
- design and decoration.
The fabric must be in harmony with the interior and other pieces of furniture. An important role in this case is played by its color filling., as well as style. Buying a fabric with a pattern, you need to think about it, will it be appropriate in the design of the room. The second important point is what fabric will be to the touch? The material should be pleasant to touch, sit on it. Its texture and softness should also be taken into account when choosing the ideal option..
Main qualities, which must meet best choice of fabric:
- Material composition. There are natural, synthetic and artificial fabrics. Often they are combined.
- Design and stylistic decoration. The pattern and pattern on the material should be combined with the design of the room and the surrounding environment. Ideal, if the pattern is similar to the pattern on wallpaper or curtains.
- Tissue density and type. As you know, the denser it is, the more reliable and longer it will last. Buy the material follows with a minimum density of 200 gram per square meter.
- Abrasion resistance. The minimum indicator should be - from 20000 friction cycles.
- Wearability. It includes counteraction to stretching, Compression, as well as temperature factors.
- Color and its stability. This criterion determines the quality of the dye, when choosing, you should pay attention to its indicator.
- Eco-friendly and hypoallergenic. Extremely important, so that the material is harmless to human health, it should not exceed the mercury norm, lead and chemical elements.
- Air permeability. Modern assortment products gives the opportunity to purchase fabric, which allows air to pass through well.
- Care. Regardless of Prices and other parameters, there are types of material, for which wet cleaning is unacceptable, only dry products are used to remove contaminants.
Before, how to start choosing the upholstery fabric of the sofa, specialists of the company MebelOk advise you to familiarize yourself with the photo popular models on the Internet.