It is hard to imagine a well-groomed garden without high flowering plants, which immediately draw the eye. They contribute to the landscape design bright and noticeable accents, give the plantings the completeness and dynamics.
Features of cultivation
Plant growth-giants can reach 2,5 meters. Thanks to this feature these cultures to cover up any unsightly buildings and land. Most of these plants prefer well-fertilized soils, among the tall plants there is almost no shade-tolerant plants. The vegetation of the giants is determined by the flowering period, it starts in the second half of summer and lasts through the autumn, in this period, the flowers need watering in emergency.
Short-term drought can tolerate perennials with a taproot:
- astrantia small, another name – zvizdivka, herbaceous umbelliferous plant with aromatic roots, and pinnate leaves;
- elecampane, the Asteraceae family, use for dressing of low areas in parks;
- the Jerusalem sage tuber, spicy herb with a lemon scent, edible, the tubers can be eaten baked, boiled or fried;
- gypsophila paniculata, the most popular varieties: "Terry", "Bristol Fieri", "Flamingo", "Rosenmeyer", "Old Pink", "Rosie Vail";
- Katran serdtselistny, the cabbage family, the leaves can be used in food, the plant is used for forming curbs;
- telekia beautiful or great belongs to the Asteraceae family, yellow daisies on strong stems bloom all summer;
- Echinops, the Latin name comes from two words, in translation meaning "hedgehog" and "appearance", hedgehogs like spiky globular flowers heads;
- mullein, the Latin name is derived from "beard", it is connected with the pubescence culture;
- rhubarb is a large plant with powerful and branched rhizomes, eaten, stalks of cooked jam, compotes, fillings for sweet pies.
Plants with fibrous root system demanding to moisture, it:
- Mal wrinkled, used for decorating buildings, lines background, to distinguish space garden;
- Astra novoblogika – rhizomatous perennial, Motherland – the Eastern regions of North America, the plant is frost-resistant;
- cornflower krupnoplodnyj, unlike his famous brother, decorated with blue, and yellow flowers;
- astilboides paniculate, in the wild grows in China, large-leaved plant prefers rich loamy soil;
- meadowsweet or meadowsweet – a perennial herb of the rose family, all kinds of cold-resistant;
- Macleay belongs to the family of the poppy, another name – bocconia small, medicinal plant, used in official medicine;
- Aconite or fighter – poisonous member of the family Ranunculaceae, folk names – "monk's hood", "king-potion", "black root", "volkovoy";
- gelenium, has a distinct bitter taste, animals avoid it;
- goldenrod or Golden rod, in the wild form grows in Eastern Europe, in the Caucasus and Western Siberia, prefers forest edges and light forests.
Enormous popularity among gardeners use sun-loving exotics lupins. Plants are not just beautiful, but useful, the nodules on the roots contain bacteria, which is capable of producing nitrogen.
Meadowsweet, reaching five feet in height, not only beautiful flowers, forming a true cloud cream, pink and white, but also has beautiful foliage dark green and Golden hues. The plant is shade-tolerant, it can be used as a specimen or in group planting on the background of the lawn or pond.
High and powerful stalks delphinium can grow in one place for ten years. The plant is designed for the grower, which doesn't have that much free time. Very original look of a group of delphiniums, collected from cultivars with contrasting color. Culture loves the sun, but can grow in partial shade.
Botulinic or Volzhanka, reaching two meters in height, prefers shaded areas. Perennial picky, most impressive it looks in the neighborhood hostoi, rodgersia, the lungwort, rudbeckia, gailardia.
Leaf socket digitalis topped inflorescence in the form of the ear, decorated with flowers-purple funnels and Golden brown, white and cream color. Perennial takes shade, in perfect harmony with the honeysuckle bushes, akvilegiya, hosts and rhododendrons.
Floriferous Rue show all its splendor on the shaded area with a rich and moist soil. Plant, despite the large increase in, it seems light and airy due to large clumps of blossoms and delicate dissected foliage.
Combining different types and varieties of tall plants can create a beautiful multi-layer composition, it fits perfectly into any garden style.