Brief information about garden staircase
Before, how to create garden stairs, it is necessary to properly count the number of steps, as well as the degree of inclination.
It is worth noting, that garden staircase 1-2 steps is very unsafe, because. often stage just overlooked and it leads to injury.
Many stages is not a very good option, after all the garden decor will be overwhelmed by the view of the stairs, which is not so good can beautify the garden area.
In order, to calculate the required number of steps, as well as their height and length required to fasten two strips at a right angle and to do the following work:
One end of the rack is stuck in place, where you plan to install the bottom step, the other end should be placed at the top (where will be the last step).
To calculate the length of the steps, you need to divide the length of the horizontal slats on the number of steps, you want to build.
The height of the steps is counting the same way, only instead of the length of the horizontal rail using vertical rail.
Recommended height of one step needs to vary 11-15 cm, and the length should be 2 times the height of the (even more), that is 25-40 cm.
The most successful version of garden ladders is the construction of 3-4 steps.
Ladder safety the same attention must be paid, because. this construction very often leads to injury, threat for life. Safety requirements outdoor stairs next:
- The material should not be slippery (otherwise, you need to manually create the fluting)
- The material should be durable
- Garden stairs need to arrange street lighting
- The ladder should be equipped with railings
Types, the style and design of garden stairs
The most popular classification of garden ladders is their division into mortise and loose.
Loose ladders have the support of retaining walls, mortise and laid on the ground. The most attractive option considered flush stairs, which effectively complement garden decor.
In order, what would the garden stairs garden complement the style it just needs to be done in a certain style, for example:
- For infinity style would suit the arrangement of the stair saxifrage, ferns and other ornamental plants
- For country garden use wooden stairs with carved or varnished
- That would give a romantic style highlights, garden stairs made from natural stone, adding to the construction of lanterns, creating a romantic atmosphere
For the manufacture of ladders to use various sturdy materials: concrete, brick, natural stone, tree etc.
How to make garden stairs made of logs with their hands?
In order to make garden stairs made of logs with their hands must be:
- To prepare the base of the stairs: throughout the calculated area of the stairs to dig the trench and thoroughly compact the earth in it.
- On the future site of the bottom step trying to drive 2 wooden peg, which will build the first log (lower level).
- Stacked the first log, carefully pulling it to the pegs, place behind a log covered with ballast and stamps (the layer should be below the log in 5-6 cm).
- The same principle puts the rest of the logs
- Each stage equips the tread of gravel
- Side ditches filled up with earth, stamps and planted nor their place decorative flowers
As you can see, construction of outdoor stairs is not a difficult and time-consuming process, therefore, it can make anyone!
Recommend, it is also familiar with the article, how to make garden paths their hands.