The purpose of surface drainage
You ask: "Why do we need a drainage system at the dacha?", after all, before our ancestors coped without this device, and their life was not worse.
To answer this question will provide you with several reasons, which pools cannot be formed on the dacha:
- Education permanent accumulation of water near the building contributes to the shear walls and damage to the supporting structures.
- Puddles of water on the basement leads to, that the building is flooded and it is formed in the mold.
- The accumulation of water in garden areas has a negative impact on the vegetation, because. many plants die from too much moisture.
- The accumulation of puddles on the sidewalks will not allow you to enjoy a walk under the gardening area.
As you can see, negative consequences from the formation of puddles on the dacha are a big reason for that, to create a simple, but effective system of a superficial linear drainage.
The system for linear drainage the surface
The main components of a superficial linear drainage inlets is, gutter, iskopaemykh and Sewerage.
Gutter are highway flowing rain water, which then goes into the sewer. Gutter, as a rule, installed on 3-5 mm below the ground surface, that allows you to not stumble on them and protects the grid gutter from damage. Today the market of building materials offers a wide range of gutters of different shapes and material. Most popular are trough from polymer concrete, frost-resistant plastic and reinforced concrete. The difference between the materials of manufacture of gutters lies in their lifetime, the high cost and resistance to mechanical stress.
The next element of the system of linear drainage surface is storm-water inlets. These devices are containers with lid, having a lattice-like structure. The inlets are installed in areas draining rainwater from the roofs of buildings. The material inlets can be as plastic, and cast iron. Most often, the inlets are used in a point system of surface drainage.
As for iskopaemykh , their main task is to filter rainwater from various debris (sand, land, small stones, etc.). As a rule, descobrimento installed before sewer and protect it from clogging.
Sewerage is the last main component of surface drainage and serves as a container for the accumulation not only of rain water, but fecal, as well as the rest of the water, used in everyday life.
In addition to the above elements of the system of a superficial linear drainage system in the device can enter doorway pallets, grass paver and other auxiliary elements, promoting effective water drainage from the territory of the suburban area.
Materials and tools to create surface drainage system with their hands
Installation of a superficial linear drainage is a fairly simple job, which requires some skills of building business and some free time.
What would the installation of the drainage system was fast, in advance to prepare the following tools and materials:
- Concrete solution
- Building level
- Hammer and chisel
- Elements of a superficial linear drainage
- Pegs and rope
After gathering all the necessary materials and tools, getting down to business!
The mounting surface of the linear drainage system with their hands
That would make a superficial linear drainage system with their hands to carry the following items:
- Create the drawing area, where you specify the layout of elements of the drainage system. The drawing should be created in exact scale, that would not miscalculate the length of the gutters. After, as the drawing is created, egged on estimates, and go shopping for all elements of a superficial linear drainage.
- Using wooden pegs and string mark out the boundaries of the drainage. If the drainage will pass through paved areas, mark it with sand.
- Dig a trench under gutter. If the chute will pass through the concrete layer or asphalt pad, create a trench gently breaking boundaries with a jackhammer. As we said earlier, the end result is grating grooves must be on 3-5 mm below ground level. Based on this, the depth of the trench should be as follows: the height of the gutter + 10 cm pillows made of concrete + 0,5 cm. As for the width of the trench, she must be slightly larger than the width of the trough: on the sides of the trough will create a pillow of concrete and mortar (10 cm on each side).
- In the excavated trench fill concrete solution, creating a 10-cm-thick pillow bottom and sides. The slab sides give in the form of slopes.
- At the lowest point of the drainage system installed iskopaemykh. Observe the evenness of the installation, for this we use a construction level.
- Start laying gutters. This files most often on the side of the gutters broken arrow, which shows the connection direction of the troughs between. Most of the existing gutters feature grooves, so the mount elements together should not be too difficult. The joints between the gutters as needed sealed with sealant (some models do not require).
- When the highway drainage from gutters to be created, using adapters and pipes connecting the trough with the sand, and then with sewage. Please note that, the sand traps have special holes, in which is mounted a nozzle. These holes can be plugged with cork or engraved pattern on a concrete product. In the latter case, the hole will need to knock, using a hammer and chisel (as shown in the video lessons).
- Well, in the end, installed on top of gutters to fit the lattice and the system of linear drainage surface ready for use. Please note that, if you use as drainage plastic gutters, the grille must be installed prior to laying of gutters in solution. In this case, the grille will protect the gutters from deformation, that will be formed during solidification of the concrete mix.
In this technique the superficial linear drainage system with their hands is over.! As you can see, nothing complicated, the main thing from time to time (once a week or two) clean sand bars and gutters of debris and then your drainage system will last for many years!