Material for garden paths can be anything: gravel, paving slabs, tree, paving stone etc. Designers recommend to combine materials, because. it makes unique garden decor and unique. To manufacture paving tiles with his hands is not so difficult, the more, if you are a creative person and hardworking. This hour you will see for yourself.
How to make paving slabs with their hands?
The first thing we need consumables and the necessary tools.
As for the tools, we need a trowel and a drill with a mixer. If you want to pave all the paths with your own paving, you can also buy vibrating table, but it is optional. The vibrating table is good, that it is denser and more evenly distributes the solution on the shape by means of vibration.
With the tool sorted out, now we need special molds for paving slabs. You can of course buy ready-made molds in the store, but there is another easier option – plastic containers, which sell prepared food. Best buy is not flexible containers (that crackle), because they are more durable and will withstand multiple fills. Also the winning option would be a container with right angles between faces. Do not buy containers with fancy shapes – they will make the shape of the tiles not laying. Than prjamougolno will be the form of tiles, the less will be the gaps between the tiles, and this is important, after all, garbage is not to hide in the crevices.
You can also do track concrete forms. You only need to make the formwork. A practical size of the formwork is considered 35*35 cm thickness 6-7 cm. domain archive Method of making a garden path using concrete forms are quite simple.
First step is to prepare the soil and rip out the grass and remove excess debris. Then install the formwork in the right place, pour it solution, stamps and flatten all trowel. After a few days, remove the form and moving to a new place, repeating the whole process. Gaps between tiles can be filled with sand or pour a liquid solution. If the track is in the garden, fill with soil.
The manufacture of paving slabs, mimic stone
In the video 5 ways to create a sidewalk path concrete with their hands:
The novelty in the field of hand-made polymer moulds for production of paving slabs. Garden path, laid this tile, it'll be awesome to be in harmony in your garden, creating comfortable movement. A variety of configurations and sizes of such forms allows you to adjust the track width by stacking the tiles in several rows. In order, what would the path created faster, it is advisable to purchase 2-4 form.
The process of laying such tiles is similar to the previous. First, remove the layer of soil, next, create a cushion of sand and gravel (you can also lay the geotextile, to protect the gaps between the tiles from the weed), and then set the form and poured the solution. The mix is well compacted and leveled. After a few days the form can be moved to a new location. Important point – the finished tile should be moistened, otherwise there is an option, she will crack. If you made the track under the hot sun, it should be covered with polyethylene (what would the water not quickly evaporated). To walk this garden path is allowed, not too soon. You need to wait 3-4 weeks, then check out her hammer, and if all of the tiles will not break away, then you can walk.
Materials to create paving
All we need is cement, sand, water and dyes (optional).
With regard to cement, it needs to be of high quality (after all, the quality of the cement depends on the quality, and durability of the tile). Do not skimp on the purchase of cement, buy cement grade 500. Some builders recommend 300th cement, supposedly it's better. No, the quality of cement in recent time has deteriorated, the more experienced builders also recommend the 500 points mark.
The following material is sand. As for sand, it needs to be clean, without leaves, twigs and roots of plants. It is not necessary to sift the sand through a fine sieve, then small stones not get into the solution, but on the contrary they attach tile texture.
The water should be clean, and especially not stagnant and not sour, this is very important.
If you want to give your garden path a unique color, stir into the solution a dye. You need to choose pigments, resistant to atmospheric phenomena, an alkaline environment and light, so the longer the color remained on your garden path.
Brief instructions for the production of tiles
- Prepare the container for mixing the solution. This can be trough, bucket, plastic bowl. Also prepare the measuring device. In a container, where is the solution, pour the cement and sand in the ratio 1:3.
- Mix, pouring water into it. The main thing is not to overdo it with the amount of water and make a solution of liquid. The perfect consistency, when the solution is pasty and will not slide off the trowel.
- What would the tile faster and easier departed from the form, lubricate the mold wall any oil.
- Fill in the form with a solution, tamp, align all trowel. If the tile are manufactured on a vibrating table – the solution itself will be spread evenly in all the cracks forms.
- After alignment of the solution in the form, go to the drying tiles. Preferably, what would the tiles were dried under a canopy, so it will not get hot sunlight and debris. If the temperature is high – dampen the tiles with water, otherwise it will crack.
- Through 5-6 days remove the tile from the mold and further dry, obvernuv it in a plastic bag. Time "dosushki" tile is approximately a month. During this time, she will gain the necessary strength.
Video instructions for making the tiles yourself, two parts, with explanations:
Advantages of paving tiles, hand made
If you are a creative person and love anything pomasterit their hands, the handwritten creation of a paving is for you, and the benefits will be as follows:
- High quality paving slabs (because. it's unlikely you'll save on material),
- Exclusive version of the track,
- Receive huge portions of pleasure from the done work,
- Substantial savings your money.
In the video, the process of manufacture of paving slabs “Fantasy” marble from A to z:
In the video, the manufacture of paving slabs (pavers) their hands, the whole process: