The advantage of petrol lawn mowers
The main competitor of the petrol lawn mowers are electric lawn mowers. The advantage of petrol lawn mowers, in relation to electric, is this:
- Do not depend on source of electricity
- Have a more powerful engine, that allows you to work on a significant scale lawn
- More maneuverable, because. don't have an electric cable, which will make it move back and cling all the obstacles.
- A petrol mower can cut even ordinary, tougher grass
- Cheaper to maintain (although break more often)
Despite that petrol lawn mowers have several major flaws, namely:
- Create noise
- Suggest additional material costs for fuel (lubricants)
- The emission of harmful exhausts into the atmosphere
- More often requires repair and maintenance
- The engine design is built in such a way, when you use a petrol mower on hills steeper 25on, the oil ceases to flow into the channels lubrication of the rubbing parts, causing the mower can go wrong.
Types of petrol lawn mowers
There are several types of petrol lawn mowers, namely:
By type of engine:
- Household (for a site to 8 acres, lifespan 500 hours and having power to 5 HP)
- Semi-professional (for a site to 18 acres, lifespan 700 hours and having power to 7 HP)
- Professional (for sites of any size, lifespan 1000 hours, capacity of over 7 HP)
- Width 42-28 cm. Suitable for areas with an area of not more than 8 acres.
- Width 51-53 cm. Suitable for areas of up to 18 acres.
Referring to the collector:
- With fabric collector (for powerful units). Advantage – well filled. Disadvantage – difficult to clean.
- With plastic collector. Advantage – ease of maintenance. Drawback – poor filling capacity.
- With a combined collector (plastic + fabric). Advantages – easy care, well filled.
On functional features:
- Direct the grass clippings in the collector. Such types of petrol lawn mowers do not have more important functions – mulching and side ejection cut grass.
- Mulch the soil with cut grass. Grass is additionally crushed in the deck Assembly and fit fine with a layer of mulch on the lawn. These mowers have the output collector and the plug.
- Side ejection cut grass. Is used when servicing large areas of the lawn.
There are also more expensive petrol lawn mowers, which include all 3 function.
For height adjustment the mowing of the lawn:
- Individual adjustment. At each wheel Assembly has a separate lever to adjust the height of the mowing.
- Central adjustment. Control lever simultaneously controls the height of the mowing.
- Screw adjustment. The simplest and most inconvenient way of adjusting the height of mowing, in which the height is set manually upon moving the axis of the wheel up/down.
The type of movement:
- Self-propelled. Has the drive, which allows you to automatically move the petrol mower. The main thing, guide to the area mowing.
- Not self-propelled. The movement Assembly is carried out manually.
Type of drive:
- Peredneprivodnoe gazonokosilka. Is more maneuverable and is used on flat areas.
- Rear-wheel drive mower. Used when mowing on a hilly area, because. more stable when moving with a load on the rear wheels (movement on the hill).
Recommendations for self-selection of petrol lawn mowers
Almost all the advantages and disadvantages of different types of petrol lawn mowers we have provided above, in the short description. But still I would like to draw your attention to some design features of petrol lawn mowers, to consider when you buy the unit.
So, professional gardeners provide to your attention the following recommendations for choosing a petrol lawn mowers:
- When buying a petrol lawn mower, pay attention to the diameter of the wheels. The larger the diameter, the unit will be more maneuverable, and hence more comfortable the process of mowing the lawn.
By the way, the width of the wheels also must be taken into account, because. narrow wheels push lawn coverage, leaving a not very attractive traces.
- Deka lawn mower needs to be aluminum. In this case the mower will be easier, more resistant to mechanical damage and corrosion.
- If you do not choose a sufficiently powerful machine, the collector needs to be plastic, because. it will be easier to clear the container from the grass.
- Prefer lawn mower with folding rubberized handle. They are easier to transport and the vibration from the engine will be less felt.
- The height of the mowing shall be regulated by the Central lever, it is more convenient and will allow more exactly to mow the lawn around the station.
- Pay attention to the Executive body of the mower – knife. It needs to be sharp and preferably wide. In this version, the mower will be better to cut the grass.
- Choose a petrol lawnmower, the wheels which are on the bearings, because. the usual plastic bushings fail faster and less resistant to mechanical damage.
- We can not say about engine power. Based on the area of your site, choose a motor with reserve power, that it was possible to carry out cutting grass in any weather. Please note that, what propelled lawn mowers take some of the engine's power to the exercise movement, it is also necessary to take into account.
- Give preference to such manufacturers of lawn mowers, as: Honda, Hitachi,Craftsman, Viking, MTD, Stihl, Husqvarma, Stiga, Makita etc. Pay attention to the manufacturer of gasoline engine lawn mower, leaders are companies Briggs & Stratton and Honda.
Here all recommendations for selection of petrol lawn mowers with their hands! Please note that, what if the time to change the oil and sharpen knives, petrol unit you long and happily serve!