The pump consists of a pumping unit (pump), the engine and components, which will be discussed a little later. The purpose of this technique consists in pumping water from available sources (wells, wells, pools) for further use as irrigation and domestic needs, and for cleaning liquid (for example, if you want to clean a cesspool). Pumps are very convenient and necessary appliances for a suburban area, because. can help in different situations, starting from the problem, related equipment water in rural and ending extreme situations (for example, the sudden breakthrough of water in the yard or house).
The advantage of the inner lining
The main advantage of motor pumps is the wide range of jobs with a small weight and size. This technique is very durable (the engine has a service life, reaching 5000 hours) and very reliable, regardless of the manufacturer. Pump is easy to operate and does not require special training before beginning work. The advantage of this technique is the autonomy and the portability of the device. The only, what you need before you start is to have a view of the internal combustion engine. It is also worth paying attention to, water pump easy to transport (it is possible to carry from the removal of the hoses for suction and discharge) and not picky in storage.
General classification of water pumps
Existing units for pumping water are divided into several subtypes, namely:
- Working with a thick liquid and highly contaminated water
- Working with clean or lightly contaminated water
- Working with clean or lightly contaminated water (high performance).
Pumps for dirty water
These pumps are distinctive from other "colleagues" hell: high performance (to 130 cubic meters/hour) and bandwidth. Using them allowed the passage of very hard particles of large size (to 2,5 cm in diameter). Often, the design of most of the models made in such a way, that would be easy to get access to the "innards" of the pump (if the pump gets large particle diameter unintended). The advantage of these units is their high concentration of gravel, sand, sludge, shebani etc.
Pumps for clean water
As a rule, they are equipped with two-stroke engine, which is a relatively weak power. That is why the performance of the pumps is about 6-7 cubic meters/hour. These units can pass through solid objects, diameter of not more than 5 mm, due to water, which in the future will still pass through the filters, is relatively clean. As a previous device, pumps for clean water have small dimensions and light weight (they can even carry in a backpack). The scope of watering the garden on a small suburban plot.
Aggregates of the first subspecies are characterized by their ability to pump a significant volume of water (about 60 cubic meters/hour). This effect arises from the fact, what pumps are equipped with a four-stroke diesel or petrol engine, which is very powerful. The generated water pressure may reach 35 meters, a high rate, as for pumps. Models of this class are characterized by small dimensions (can easily fit in a car trunk) and used for such purposes, as:
- Pumping water from swimming pools and ponds
- The small fires
- Irrigation of the land
- Work in the field (because. there is no possibility of using electric pumps)
There is also gas pumps, which can operate from gas cylinder, and from the backbone network. Their advantage is high efficiency.
The principle of operation of pumps
The main work of this unit performs the impeller, which creates the centrifugal effect of a drop of water in the so-called snail, which directs the fluid flow to the nozzle. Near the axis of rotation formed by the vacuum, which opens the valve and liquid is taken into the pipe. The absorption of water occurs through a short period of time after starting the engine.
The water supply to the pump and from it, as well as fence of water by using hoses, to join the pipes. Last, in turn, connected with clamps to the pump.
The pressure and the performance of the pumps depends on the speed of revolutions of the engine. Strainer, that is the end of the suction hose, is used, what would prevent the large particles in rocks the node.
Safety when working with pumps
- Do not use the appliance in an unventilated closed room
- Be sure to inspect the pump before operation (pay attention to the mounting of the suction and discharge sleeves and teploprovodna).
- Be careful, that would be sleeve less twisted
- During engine start do not wrap on the forearm pad cord, hold the stand of the device foot, and the frame – arm.
- Never touch the muffler, the spark plug, the high-voltage wire and tip pumps.
- Do not leave unattended operating device
- The fuel tank must be carried out with the engine off
- Do not let the machine near open flame
- While checking spark on a spark or blow out the cylinder put the spark plug on the carb, the cooling jacket of the cylinder or fuel tank (you can get burns or cause ignition of the air-fuel mixture). It's recommended to put a spark plug on a special stand to ensure contact of the pump housing.
- Ensure the stability of the position of the unit
- It is strictly forbidden to change the design of the fuel device the engine personally
- Keep the spark plug and any engine parts from water
With proper maintenance, pumps, its lifespan and quality will be much higher! In order, that would pump node pump lasts as long as possible, fill the suction sleeve of the water before running. Also particularly important is the location of the water inlet suction hose: it should be on depth not less than 20 cm from the minimum liquid level, and 30 cm from the bottom and sides of the pond.
Preparation for work
Although the pump and is not a complex mechanism, but you still need to follow some simple rules when preparing to run the equipment.
First check purchased the pump on the integrity of the entire configuration. Next, check the numbers on the engine and warranty card, if everything is correct, proceed to step-by-step Assembly Assembly:
- Check whatever in the internal cavity of the pipes were not foreign objects
- Assemble the pump parts: first attach the feed and the intake section, next, attach the filter to the suction hose, and along with the pressure hose to the taps.
- Be sure to check, what would the suction hose was incompressible (corrugated)
- The collected design attach special clamps, which are included. It is necessary to stop, because. there are the following requirements:
4.1. Watch, that would be when fasteners clamps formed folds of the walls of the sleeves.
4.2. Do not tighten the clamps on the wall thickness more 40% from the original
4.3. The distance between the ends of the sleeves and the yoke shall be at least 4 mm
This is followed by a General inspection of the pump (loose sleeves) and the engine is prepared for launch (dressed with oil and fuel).
Well, in the end, near water pump set, filter suction hose is lowered into the water, the pump is manually filled with water, twisted tube and turn on the engine. If the water supply has started, then all is well and the pump is working correctly, otherwise, switch off the engine and look for the cause of incorrect operation.
The major components of the pumps
The main components of the pumps are:
- Fuel tank with lid
- The pump housing
- Handle manual starter
- Lever for air flap
- The throttle lever
- Tube-dipstick for Gulf oil
- High voltage tip (cap)
- Spark plug
- The feed pipe
- Air filter
- Nozzle suction
- Fuel tap
- The ignition switch
- The oil drain plug of engine
- Tube for water during the filling of the pump
- Tube to drain the water from the pump
The structure of the pump pumps
Pump pump is the main part of the unit. With the help of this pump is pumping water from the selected point. Consider its structure:
Aluminum body and cap strapped sturdy screws and tightened with a ring-gasket. With the front of the building there is a drain plug water flange for fastening the nozzle. On top of the housing is an outlet, to which is attached through the gasket discharge hose. This pipe has a special neckline, used for water before starting work.
Pump impeller secured to the motor shaft with the thread and governoe washer. To ensure proper sealing, use silicone seal. For the formation of water flow, inside the case is established a special snail seal.
It, actually, and all, I would like to tell you about pumps. We wish you a successful and comfortable working on your summer cottage! So I advise you to read articles about, how to choose a chainsaw and snowthrower!