- The advantage of finishing of buildings decorative plaster
- The composition of the plaster
- Classification of types of decorative plaster
- Binding element
- By type of filler
- Step by step instructions on the plaster walls with their hands
- Tips for decorative plaster with your hands
- Decorative plaster : photo examples of the design of buildings
The advantage of finishing of buildings decorative plaster
Decorative plaster is a suitable material to complement the landscaping of any garden style. Today this material is widely used by designers in different countries and continents. For a person, wanting unique to decorate the facade of his house, decorative plaster will be one of the most suitable options, because. has the following advantages:
- Decorative plaster has a very wide variety of material, which is able to create a rough surface, and perfectly smooth.
- Today, there are more 500 shades of plasters of various types, so you can choose the most suitable colour to your building, which is able to decorate the existing composition of garden decor.
- Technology of application of decorative plaster, various. Some types of plaster walls can make even the Builder-beginner, and some only by the master designer.
- Decorative plaster has a wide range of prices, thanks, it can be used by anyone, even with low monthly income.
- Decorative plaster is a durable finishing material, which is able not only to decorate the facade of the building, but to protect him from the actions of fungus, moisture and other adverse actions of nature.
- Decorative plaster is weather resistant, allows "breathing" construction and able to withstand mechanical damage, therefore, it is not dangerous to decorate the outside of the buildings.
- Care of ornamental plaster minimum: max is dirty rinse the wall with water from a hose, and some types of plaster are generally self-cleaning when the slightest gust of wind.
- Decorative plaster can be applied to absolutely any surface: brick, concrete, drywall, foam block, gazoblok, etc.
- Using decorative plaster skilled designer can create on a wall surface imitation of such materials for landscaping, as natural stone, paper, the glass surface and even skin.
- Time to finish building decorative plaster may be even 1 day, if you work quickly, and the amount of work is not a high-rise building.
- In addition, that decorative plaster gives the building an attractive appearance and protects from natural disasters, it also aligns the wall and removes various defects, and this is also a significant plus.
- Color decorative plaster can easily change, just applying a new coat of paint over the existing.
As you can see, the advantages of decorative plaster buildings very much, given the fact, that provided only the most significant part of the advantages, so it makes sense to implement a design built with this material.
The composition of the plaster
Depending on the kind of decorative plaster (we'll talk about that a little below), there is a different combination of constituent elements of the material. But still, no matter what kind of plaster was no, the main components are:
- Connecting element (silicone resin, vinyl polymer, gypsum, etc.)
- Filler (this is mainly marble, granite or quartz chips)
- Various additives, raising the work with the material and its protective function (antiseptic, thickener, pigment, the solvent, water-repellent substances, etc.)
Classification of types of decorative plaster
Today, there are many classifications of decorative plaster, namely: for interior and exterior, depending on the binding element or filler, by way of application to the surface etc. Now we briefly consider the most popular classification of decorative plaster.
Depending on, as a binding element is the basis of plaster, it is customary to divide it into these types:
Mineral. This type of plaster is a powder material, composed of cement or lime. The advantage of a mineral plaster is the fact, that it is environmentally friendly, has a low price and has high strength. The disadvantages include low elasticity material, from-for what during the building shrinkage cracks can form, and the fact, on the surface of the building, finished with mineral plaster, will always gather dust. The color range of mineral decorative plaster consists of several shades of white and grey, which can be supplemented by adding different color pigment into the solution, or after the plaster hardens just paint with any paint, you want.
Acrylic. The plaster consists of acrylic resins, and thus got the name. The advantage of acrylic stucco is its elasticity, a wide range of colours and ease of application. The disadvantage of acrylic plaster in, the building, after applying the plaster, not able to "breathe" (to release the moisture).
Vinyl plaster. Consists of high-strength esters, which make the material plastic, durable and water resistant. Due to these advantages, on the surface of the building can make a pattern of any shape, and to monitor the cleanliness of the building can be simply washed it with water from the hose.
Silicone plaster. This kind of decorative plaster is the most durable, durable and suitable for designers. Due to the fact, that the silicone resin has the water resistance, and capable of flowing steam, the building will be reliably protected from rain and should be able to release moisture from the inside. Designers like silicone plaster of, that it is possible to implement art painting, which perfectly accentuate any landscape design of the garden plot. The only drawback of silicone plaster – a high material cost.
Silicate plaster. As well as silicone plaster, possesses high water resistance and allows the building to release moisture, thus preventing the appearance of fungus and mold. The advantage of silicate plaster in, that it prevents the accumulation of dust on the surface of the building, the disadvantage is a fairly narrow color range and quick setting time (therefore, it is necessary to apply as soon as possible).
Gypsum plaster. So named due to the fact, that is based on gypsum. The advantage of plaster in its plasticity and porosity. Due to the plasticity of plaster, you can easily create a variety of decorative elements on the facade of the building, and porosity promotes good venting steam inside the building.
By type of filler
On the basis of, what filler is the basis of plaster, there is the following classification of the finishing material: textured, structural and Venetian plaster.
Textured plaster consists of stone chips, size from 4 to 6 mm. As filler there may be small stones, mineral aggregate, mica and even bark. It is recommended to apply textured plaster, using an air gun.
Structural plaster consists of the same elements, and textured plaster, only here the particle size on the order of less than, so that the surface of facade becomes less raised and smoother. Very often structural plaster is called the bark, because. in appearance it resembles tree bark.
Venetian plaster consists of marble flour and is the most expensive of the above finishing materials. This type of decorative plaster creates a very luxurious and attractive buildings, but at the same time requires the wizard.
Step by step instructions on the plaster walls with their hands
As mentioned earlier, decorative piece with your own hands is not particularly difficult, you only need to know the basics of this case, we will provide you with.
The first thing you need to prepare walls for decorative plaster. To start with, what we bring down all the tabs solution, the layers of paint and old Wallpaper (if the plaster is inside the building). Then the wall is thoroughly cleaned from dust and dirt, then move on to its primer, putty (if required), cleaning and final putty. Once the wall is smoothed and completely dry, go to applying the first layer of plaster. If you use gypsum plaster or mineral, then pre-coat is not required.
In order, to make a plaster walls, you must have the following tools:
- The container for mortar
- A container of water
- Spatulas of various sizes
- Grater (wooden or metal)
- Scotch (if you need to divide the sections of the walls for different types of decor)
Now, finally, go to the plaster walls. It is necessary to make a solution of suitable viscosity and with a spatula apply it on the wall with a thin layer (2-3 mm). On the basis of, what type of plaster will be selected, technology also can be modified: for one type of material necessary to apply plaster in 5-10 layers, quite another one.
The same technology will depend on the design of the wall – whether it will be rough, whether smooth. What to bring a perfectly smooth wall, must apply a layer of plaster, wait until he's a little grab and a wide spatula (either dampened trowel) flatten it on the wall.
To create a rough wall, you can use a variety of tools: grater, embossed roller, brush, brush, a sponge or even your finger or palm.
There is a way to create a textured surface, as applied to the plastered wall of a hydrochloric acid solution (10%), which washed the wall for 3-4 days.
After, as the wall will be plastered, you must give it time to dry (usually it is 1 day) and start painting, if you need it.
The color of the walls can also be used for roller, but it is recommended to use poliester. Depending on the color of plaster, color occur in several layers.
Experts recommend okachimachi plaster with pigments during mixing of the solution. To do this, simply stirring the solution, a little pigment is added until, until you get the right shade. Also this operation can be performed in the store, where you get the plaster.
Tips for decorative plaster with your hands
In order, that would have plastered the building lasts as long as possible, without spoiling its appearance must adhere to the simple tips, which give the specialists:
- Try to clean the plaster walls in one go, because. frozen plaster will continue to vary in shade from applied later.
- To perform a decorative plaster their hands must be in the fall or spring, when creating a perfect for this temperature: 5-25 degrees above zero.
- Do not spare money for the plaster, it is better to pay for better quality and enjoy her appearance and durability, than to redo everything and pay in 2 times more due to the fact, that plaster is more expensive and not served for even one season.
- Before plastering the wall, thoroughly clean it of dirt and the last remaining plaster and paint.
Decorative plaster : photo examples of the design of buildings
In order, what would inspire you to decorative plaster garden buildings with their hands, provide a few illustrative photo examples:
We also recommend you to read the article the green roof garden buildings!