The purpose of a Foundation under the stove
The presence of a Foundation under the stove in bath is a must. Oven, no matter metal or brick, has considerable weight and, accordingly, carries the load on the structure floor in the bath. If you do not build a solid Foundation under the stove, then eventually the structure will begin to negatively affect the floor construction, as a result, the floor and the furnace itself will begin to deform, which will cause significant repair costs and both.
Therefore, for the normal functioning of the furnace and the entire bath must in the process of building Foundation for a bath additionally, to build a Foundation under the stove. Please note that, both of the basement should be at the same depth (below freezing), but always at a small distance from each other. This is because, during frosts, the soil is shrinking (either expand), thereby deforming a base design, and that would be the deformation of a Foundation does not affect the other, it is better to leave between them a small gap in 4-5 cm.
The device of the basement under the furnace in the bath
Today, there are two main types of furnaces for baths: metal and brick. There are also gas, wood and electric furnace, but this is not about them!
The Foundation under the metal and a brick oven in the bath differ, because of the large difference in the weight of the stove, and therefore load on the Foundation.
Metal stove for baths weigh approximately 150 kg, but the brick oven is much heavier and may exceed 450 kg (it all depends on the dimensions of the furnace). Consider in more detail, how to make the Foundation under the metal and a brick oven in the bath with his hands!
The Foundation under the metal oven
The depth of the Foundation under the metal oven shall be not less than 50 cm, better, if the depth below the depth of soil freezing.
For ease of perception of information, technology of creation of foundations under the metal stove in the bath is split into the following stages:
- First, rip out the Foundation pit, size 50 cm*the width and length of the furnace (for example, 50*50*120)
- The bottom of the pit carefully stamped and slept 30-centimeter layer of gravel.
- On top of the rubble fill of the prepared cement-sand mortar in the ratio 1:4 (the layer thickness should amount to several centimeters)
- Waiting for, while the mortar fully hardens, after that, carry out waterproofing cement underlayment using roofing felt.
- On top of the roofing material concrete solution (he will act as the Foundation) the ratio 1доля cement: 2,5 the proportion of sand: 4 the proportion of gravel.
- While the concrete is still wet, using a level, check its levelness and if necessary align.
- Unforgettable, the Foundation is 30-40 see below the clean floor, so if you want to get the furnace on the floor of the future, on top of the Foundation to carry out a laying of refractory bricks in 3-4 number. The clutch need not be implemented on the contour of the furnace, and the entire area of the Foundation.
The Foundation for a brick oven
The creation of the Foundation under the brick oven in the bath with his hands is a more time consuming process, because. the load on the Foundation increases in 4 and more times.
Again, divide the entire process of creating the Foundation for the furnace in stages:
- As in the previous case, Roy pit, but this time, a depth of at least 70 cm. The width and length of the pit should be at 20 see more, than the dimensions of a future brick oven.
- The bottom of the pit carefully stamped and fall asleep 15 cm layer of sand, which fill with water and compacted with a tamper
- On top of a 15-inch cushion of sand fall asleep 20 cm rubble material (broken bricks, stone, etc.). On rubble layer filled with a little sand, filled with water and the compaction of the entire layer. The sand should be fully posability all voids, so it sleeps until, while the sand cushion will not stay on top of rubble layer.
- On top of the rubble fill layer 10 cm of gravel, again, carefully stamped it
- For gravel, a wooden formwork. We alluded to the fact, the dimensions of the pit should be done on 10 cm more on each side, what size furnace for a bath. Wooden formwork must be less than the dimensions of the pit and fully correspond to the dimensions of the furnace. The height of the wooden formwork must exceed the level of the earth's surface 15 cm.
- Inside wooden forms, stacked reinforced with a layer of steel rods with a diameter of 12 mm.
- On top of the reinforced layer of concrete mortar over the entire height of the formwork
- When the Foundation under the brick oven to fully harden, shoot down wooden formwork.
- We have at 10 cm free space between the walls of the Foundation and the edges of the pit. First, the basement wall should be coated with melted tar (about 2-3 times), then in free space is recommended to create a small drainage layer of coarse sand or fine gravel.
Here, actually the whole technology of the construction of the Foundation under the brick oven in the bath with his hands. As you can see, to make a Foundation under the stove in the bath is not very difficult, and most importantly it will save your money, because. professional expensive!
At the same time please note that, what if you are wrong to make the Foundation (where it will save), few seasons, the Foundation will begin to deform, that will lead to cracking and Foundation and furnace, but this would entail high costs for repair facilities!