Concrete slabs with their hands
The advantage of concrete slabs for paving garden paths is as follows:
- high strength concrete
- durability concrete slabs
- the simplicity of creating and paving concrete slabs
- easy to replace damaged plates
- garden path of concrete slabs does not require special care and money to maintain
- concrete slabs can be creative to decorate in the process of creating
- cash costs for the creation of concrete slabs and paving their garden paths
That would make a concrete slab with their hands, it is only necessary to prepare the mold, to make a concrete solution and pour it into the form. After, as a concrete solution to grab (it takes about 3 days, depending on weather conditions) you can begin paving garden paths of concrete slabs. Now we will discuss in more detail the steps of creating a concrete slab with their hands.
In order, that would make a concrete slab, we will need the following materials and tools:
- A wooden beam of cross section 50*50 mm
- Hammer (metal and a mallet)
- Steel sheet
- The components of the concrete mix: cement, water, sand, gravel and dry mix concrete
- Materials for decorating tiles (color pigments, broken ceramic tile, small natural pebbles, etc.)
- Fittings (your choice, or rods with a diameter of 5 mm, or reinforced mesh)
Creating molds under a concrete slab
The mold under a concrete slab is created on the basis of the future size of the plate. As for the size of the concrete slab, it is determined by the width of a garden path. We recommend to create the mold, dimensions not less than 50*50 cm, what would the process of casting plates was not long, a garden path was comfortable to move. You can make a mold with trapezoidal, round, rectangular, etc., everything to your taste.
So, take wooden blocks, cut the appropriate segments and held together by nails – the mold is ready. It is best to make several molds, that would be simultaneously produced 2-3 concrete slab.
Next, the mold is attached to steel sheet. What would the finished concrete slab is well behind the cookie cutters, the inner side of the wooden bars should be paint with paint (preferably the oil).
You can more easily make a mold for concrete slabs, not using steel sheet. For this you need to find a smooth surface, pull it plastic wrap and put the mold from bricks. Once the solution is filled, waiting for, what would the plate otvergla, then one of the sides of the ramekins rassadina chisel. Then again, the fastening of the mold and repeat the procedure. In this single mold cycle may be enough to 10-12 disconnections/connections.
The most appropriate ratio of materials for the concrete mix is: 1 proportion of cement/2 sand shares/4 shares of gravel (or gravel). It is recommended to use ready-made concrete mixture, which is sold in dry form, but it will cost more, than handwritten cooking.
For that would be good to mix the concrete it is better to buy the mixer, or make it with your hands, it's not that hard.
Manually concrete solution is also you can knead, using a trough and a shovel, but in this case it will take more time and effort.
Now the most important thing: the amount of water in the wet concrete. It should be noted, what a perfect proportion of water in the solution should be ¼ of the weight of cement, but it is unlikely you will be able to mix the solution, thus, it is possible to pour a little more water (40% the weight of the cement).
If you mix the concrete manually, you must first mix the dry material until a homogeneous mass, then slowly add water. Excess water greatly reduces the strength properties of concrete products. Is ideal solution, which is gripping his, form, which does not spread and does not fray.
Pouring mortar into the form and reinforcement of concrete slabs
So, go to the main stage of construction of the concrete slabs with their hands. First, set the form and knead the solution. Further, in the mold pour half of the required solution. The solution laid the rods valves (or mesh) and add remaining part of the concrete mix.
Well, of course, pour the concrete slab on the vibrating table, carefully tamp the mortar in the mould and remove the extra voids from it. This technology is used to create concrete slabs europabio.
If you have no opportunity to use vibrators, at least tamp solution homemade wooden tamper and trowel level the surface.
Once the molds are filled, leave the product for a few days, what would the solution has seized and solidified. Usually it is enough to wait 2-3 day. All this time, it is necessary several times a day to moisten the concrete products in order, what would they not cracked in hot weather. If it is not possible to moisten the concrete slab, then at least cover them with a damp cloth.
Decoration concrete slabs
To decorate the concrete slabs you can use several of the ideas.
The first is, at the creation of concrete solution mixture is added to a color pigment, which will give concrete slab is the original color. The most popular color pigments for concrete products are umber brown and mineral pigments ochre.
The second way is to lay on a concrete slab mosaic from natural stones or ceramic tiles bat. This procedure should be carried out at the time of pouring concrete slabs. After, as the solution will be filled into the form, wait a few hours, what would a bit of concrete clutched, lay out the pattern on the plate, a little pristukivaja material for jewelry mallet.
Technology of paving concrete slabs in the garden with his own hands
In order, to pave a garden path of concrete slabs need to do the following steps:
- Prepare the area. Remove garden debris, remove shrubs, which prevent, remove the stones etc.
- Mark out the boundaries of garden paths. To do this, use the wooden stakes and string or simply paved border sand.
- In the marked area, remove a 10-centimeter layer of soil. In the resulting pit, stamped bottom and put 5 cm sand cushion.
- Laid a concrete slab from one side to the other. The gaps between plates should be no more 3 cm. What would the plate got stuck in the sand, podstegivaet them with a mallet. Watching, what would the path was smooth, either we pour the sand under the plate, or on the contrary remove unnecessary.
- Fill the gaps with sand, stamps and sweep away the excess with a broom.
That's the whole technology of paving concrete slabs in the garden with his own hands. As you can see, nothing complicated, it is important to know the basics, we gave you.
Please note that, what if you decided to create a trail of concrete slabs on the lawn, you just need to cut the lawn grass sites concrete slabs, to add a layer of sand and put the stove in place ready!