The advantage of expanded clay lightweight concrete blocks
Expanded clay is a granular clay, pre-annealed in special furnaces.
Initially, the expanded clay used for insulation of the ceiling, floor and roof in the bath, because. this material has high heat capacity and hydrophobicity. The advantage of expanded clay lightweight concrete blocks is as follows:
- The environmentally friendly building material
- Units practically do not absorb moisture
- The weight of the blocks is much less, than bricks, making it easier to work with blocks, as well as the cost of construction of the Foundation
- Lightweight aggregate blocks are very easy to finish
- Size of lightweight aggregate concrete blocks can be 200*200*400 mm, that is much better, than the size of the bricks, this means, the process of laying the blocks will be faster
- Because of their hydrophobicity on the wall of the expanded-clay concrete blocks is not necessary to carry out parasiliti
- There are many types of expanded clay lightweight concrete blocks, different material density and dimensions of blocks
- Lightweight aggregate blocks are durable
Projects of baths of concrete
These projects baths can be used for the construction of the Russian bath is not only of concrete, but from aerated concrete blocks, foam block, brick and cinder block!
Construction of a bath of expanded-clay concrete blocks
As in the construction of any other buildings, construction of the baths of concrete begins with the creation of Foundation. Since concrete has low weight, you can use pier Foundation, which will be less expensive, than creating strip Foundation.
If you do decide to pour a pier Foundation, the ground under the blocks can serve as metal corner, linking all the posts in one design.
It should be noted, columns can also be created from expanded-clay concrete blocks, only in this case the material must be solid.
For masonry walls it is recommended to use hollow lightweight aggregate blocks, which must also bind with metal mesh, every two row of masonry material.
As for the technology of ceiling and roof, on these events you can read in the relevant articles. Insulation of the floor we recommend using expanded clay pillows. Sex in the bath from better concrete pour of concrete, and on top of the screed to be laid ceramic tile.
To the walls of the steam room in the bath of expanded-clay concrete blocks special requirements. What would steam rapidly heated and kept warm for a long time it is necessary to correctly insulate, using the following "cake":
- To the wall of expanded clay blocks stuffed wooden crate (the bars need to pre-process protective antiseptic).
- In the gaps between the crate fit insulation (mineral wool).
- Heater is fixed on top of the vapor barrier foil material.
- On top of the foil stuffed wooden counter lathing, the purpose of which is to provide high-quality ventilation between insulation and finishing materials.
- On top of crates stuffed lining
Please note that, that a bath of expanded-clay concrete blocks must be efficiently insulate, or a few cold winters, the rare operation of baths, the blocks will begin to break down (due to the strong freezing).
It should also be noted, the technology of construction of a bath of expanded-clay lightweight concrete blocks are very much similar with the technology construction of the bath brick, therefore, we recommend to read this material.
With regard to other activities for the development of the baths (installation furnace, interior decoration bath etc.), they can be produced immediately after completion of construction work, because. foam concrete block does not shrink.
Video lesson of the construction of the baths of concrete
What would you saw the technology of construction of a bath of expanded-clay concrete blocks with their hands, provide you this video:
That's all, I would like to tell you about the construction of the baths of concrete. We recommend you to get acquainted with the construction technology karkasno-panel baths, which is a good analogue of the bath from logs!