- The weakest grade
- Preparing for winter: the number of required steps
- The cessation of feeding
- Termination of loosening
- Conducting trimming
- Picking up trash
- Processing plants
- Hilling roses
- The best time to conduct pre-winter preparation
- Types of shelters for roses
- Air-dry shelter
- Panel cover
- Jute bags
- Photos of different varieties and shelters for roses
- Shelter for roses, video
Fans rosaries often complain, in conditions of middle latitudes purchased varietal bushes roses almost impossible to maintain without damage. Often they are simply killed by frost. The herb can be unsuitable for these weather conditions. Greater conformability show released varieties. And sometimes fault and the green thumb, which, making the purchase of luxury Bush, had not thought of, how will he hide the rose in winter the light of the proposed features. The result is sad – the freezing of the plant or, the opposite case, the rot from excess protection, who played the role of fur coats.
The weakest grade
Almost each variety requires compliance with certain conditions for the normal wintering. The first thing to think about, what can be done for a particular type of plant, winter is fast approaching and we must not tarry, it may cost the life of your pet. List of roses-the sissy looks so:
- fear of frost some varieties climbing and chinogerni roses;
- miniature and floribunda varieties are more resistant, shelter for them should not be too dense;
- the tempered type of plant, garden roses, most of them are accustomed to spend the winter in the cold and requires no cover.
What grade grows in your area can be determined with the help of directories, descriptions. If it failed, there must be a shelter from an excess of moisture at least for roots and the creation of microclimate for normal hibernation barrel. The robe will make the changes in winter temperatures less tangible, they often provoke the freezing of the branches.
Preparing for winter: the number of required steps
The cessation of feeding
Training Queen of the garden for the winter season starts from late August. The rapid growth of plants suspended, for this you need to stop fertilizing with nitrogen fertilizers and watering. Allowed rare soil application of potassium compounds, they will quickly drevesnye the trunk and branches.
Termination of loosening
With the beginning of the first autumn month to stop any intervention in the soil around the plant, the goal is not to provoke the emergence and growth of young shoots. Dormant buds save from awakening, this is especially important, if September is warm and the average temperature hardly differs from the summer season.
This procedure does not need a Park and climbing varieties, the rest of the roses need for data farming operations. Cut the branches at the height of the future shelter, the whole Bush should be hidden. It removed all the greenery, the young shoots and leaves, Morozov, they still will not take. Shortened and woody parts of the Bush.
Picking up trash
You must carefully rake out from under the bushes, dry grass and foliage. Spores of fungal diseases love to live in such places, rarely treated rake gardener.
To increase the stability of the bushes to moisture and strengthening the immune system of roses sprayed with liquid Bordeaux or iron sulphate.
The root system requires sufficient aeration. To improve the air permeability after the holding of the rose Spud, the ground raise approximately 20 cm. Loose soil keeps the air, playing the role of a barrier against the penetration of low temperatures to the roots of the plants.
The best time to conduct pre-winter preparation
When all these works were carried out, you must wait for the stable cold. Most likely, this will happen in mid-October or later. Signal the beginning of the construction of the shelters is the air temperature 6 degree in a week or ten days. In southern areas this time frame can be adjusted, better to wait.
The plant is better to "hide" for the winter later, than prematurely. The weak shoots are not afraid of the cold, it will only harden the bushes, will contribute to the maturation of branches. But premature cover can cause a lot of trouble: heat and moisture will Wake up the kidneys, in the growth of leaves young shoots, both in the winter is absolutely not necessary. Close roses in dry weather. If before the appointed day was a wet snow and rain – better to wait a couple of days, to the soil under the bushes dried up. Excess moisture in the woods will provoke fungal infections, and the conditions of isolation from the outside world will cause rapid development of disease.
Types of shelters for roses
Regardless of, what type of shelter will be selected, a prerequisite is a layer of air inside the building. The material and the rose should not come into contact. This approach will protect plants from vyprevaniya with the spring thaw. Dense cover, covering the branches, disrupts the normal circulation of air, the oxygen, the plant can choke.
Designed for floribunda and hybrid tea varieties. This type of protection from the cold keeps a constant temperature to – 4 degrees, it is well ventilated, promotes normal breathing plants. The order of construction:
- The frame is woven from wire or metal bars, height – 60 cm.
- The rose Bush is enclosed in a cone.
- The top of the frame is stretched a heater. It may be glassine, have lutrasil, cardboard. The material is fixed on the support using twine.
- The resulting "winter house" is covered with a polyethylene, which will not be allowed to plant moisture, precipitation.
- The lower part of the film to cover the soil.
Instead of the frame of roses, you can cover the containers, which scrolled holes. After the onset of stable cold they hid the film.
Designed for climbing roses. These varieties often remain for the winter with leaves. With the onset of stable cold deciduous cover should be removed together with petioles. Otherwise, they will rot and infect the kidneys. Work order:
- Tie beam prepared Bush, to put it in the wrong direction, where directed branches. Bending in the other direction can contribute to cracking of the bark.
- Spread on the soil surface spruce branches to protect from rodents, lay the Bush on top of the litter.
- Plant prishpilivayut to the ground bent wire in several places.
- To knock together two boards of wood, their length should be equal to the length of the Bush, width is around one meter.
- Shields put in a house, to further strengthen hammered into the ground pegs. This needs to be done, as a thick layer of snow on the panels can contribute to slipping.
- The resulting "house" covered with polyethylene, the ends should be tightly wrapped, at the bottom of the edges of the film covered with soil. If the ground is still frozen – the film can be lifted at the end portion, and then close after the onset of stable cold. The angles of the ends can be open and warm in the winter, ventilation of the shelter will contribute to the normal wintering plants.
Shields tend to protect the roses, the growing ranks of. If the hive is located in the center of the bed, and planted around other perennials, heavy construction could damage them. In this case it is better to make the next shelter:
- Whip, associated with twine, don't lay on the ground, and fastened to pegs, beaten into the ground. You should get a column.
- Metal frame made in the form of a pyramid, lay it around the plant. The shelter should be free and not in contact with the branches.
- On top lay the fiberglass, pull her string and sprinkle the bottom with ground. The material does not let the cold inside and, at the same time, provide better ventilation of the shelter.
If this material is not available – you can pull any non-woven fabric, spend, top layer – polyethylene. It is necessary to leave an air hole for ventilation, to avoid vyprevaniya in warm weather.
Cover for standard roses. Plants, planted in tubs or other large containers, can hibernate in cold and dry cellar. But planted in the soil of roses can be protected from winter weather with jute. The procedure works:
- On the crown is put on the bag, where there is no bottom, he is tied with twine at the beginning of the growth of the crown.
- Inside shelters to lay spruce branches, or add dry leaves.
- Bag tie top, the barrel cover with burlap.
Shelter for the winter is the duty of the gardener in front of the beautiful plants, that will be pleasing colors and delicious aromas of the owners and guests of the garden or plot all summer long. Protect your Pets from the winter cold, wish them a restful sleep and a joyous awakening come spring.